Junior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) sits on the bench during a game against San Diego State Sept. 7 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 42-7. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Junior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) sits on the bench during a game against San Diego State Sept. 7 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 42-7.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

After defeating Pac-12 foe California 52-34 in its last game, the Ohio State football team returns home this weekend to face the Florida A&M Rattlers of the Football Championship Subdivision.

OSU junior quarterback Braxton Miller is expected to play a limited role in the Buckeyes final tune-up before Big Ten play begins, according to coach Urban Meyer.

With Miller expected to play in limited fashion, redshirt-senior Kenny Guiton will likely receive the nod as starter for a second straight week. Against California, Guiton led the offense to more than 600 total yards of offense.

Redshirt-senior offensive lineman Marcus Hall said his unit is well-prepared regardless who is under center.

“Both quarterbacks suit the offensive system, so it’s actually convenient,” Hall said. “We don’t have to switch up the way we play.”

Even though the offense is averaging nearly 45 points a game, there are still some concerns over the squad’s defensive prowess after allowing the Golden Bears to score 34 points.

Meyer said after practice Wednesday, the unit’s biggest issue is at the linebacker position.

“There were some misses in recruiting a linebacker … our linebackers should have more depth and more experience than what we have,” Meyer said. “For whatever reason, injuries and things happen, I understand that, but we should be better at linebacker. That’s the one concerning position right now.”

Drawing more attention to the Buckeye backfield this weekend will be the return of senior running back Carlos Hyde, finally back after serving a three-game suspension for an offseason incident at a Columbus bar.

Redshirt-senior running back Jordan Hall said Hyde’s return is a plus for the team that will put a strain on opponents’ game plans.

“We’re two different types of backs, it’ll be hard to prepare for us, especially with running quarterbacks,” said Jordan Hall.

Meyer also said sophomore defensive lineman Adolphus Washington will not play Saturday with a groin injury, but is probable to return for OSU’s showdown against Wisconsin Sept. 28.

The Buckeyes and Rattlers (1-2) are set for a noon kickoff this Saturday at Ohio Stadium.