Aaron Paul (left) and Bryan Cranston in a scene from ‘Breaking Bad.’ The shows finale is scheduled to air Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. Credit: Courtesy of Facebook

Aaron Paul (left) and Bryan Cranston in a scene from ‘Breaking Bad.’ The show’s finale is scheduled to air Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. on AMC.
Credit: Courtesy of Facebook

Note: This article contains full spoilers for “Breaking Bad.” If you are a newcomer to the series, refrain from reading.

Only one episode left, “BB” fanatics, and what a ride it has been. With a series known for its unpredictable surprises, it is almost impossible to try to pinpoint a clear and concise ending to the series.

That said, I will try my best to predict a few possible scenarios regarding the ending to AMC’s smash hit “Breaking Bad,” which is scheduled to air Sunday at 9 p.m.

What we know

We know Walter White (Bryan Cranston) has been in hiding for months now far away in snowy New Hampshire, complete with a new identity and a full head of hair. It is apparent that the cancer is back and Walt doesn’t have much time left. Coughing interrupts his sentences, he stumbles around when he walks and he has lost an immense amount of weight.

If there is one thing I can predict for certain, it is that Walt is inevitably going to die.

Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) has been taken prisoner and forced to cook the famous Heisenberg blue meth for Todd Alquist (Jesse Plemons) and his uncle’s gang of white supremacists. Any attempt to escape, and Jesse’s loved ones will be killed. We’ve already seen his girlfriend Andrea (Emily Rios) murdered not even 10 feet from her sleeping son — and in front of Jesse’s crying eyes. Knowing Jesse, he wants revenge, and I guarantee he is willing to wait patiently for it.

In a sense, Walt has gone from, as series creator Vince Gilligan would say, “Mr. Chips” to “Scarface.” Todd and Jack (Michael Bowen), Todd’s uncle, have stolen his enterprise, his blue meth is on the streets and his money is sitting comfortably in their pockets. Heisenberg has taken over; there is no room in Walt’s head for high-school chemistry anymore — only greed and corruption. Walt is coming for his business with huge assault weapons and a dash of poisonous ricin.

Prediction No. 1

Live free or die.

With inevitable death already planted in Walt’s mind, he sets off on a bloodbath of a quest for revenge. He knows he is going to die, and figures it is better to go out with a bang, think “Scarface,” rather than wither away in some New Hampshire cabin in the middle of nowhere. This scenario would bring Walt to Todd and Jack’s doorstep armed to the teeth.

Eventually, he would free Jesse, and the two would most likely work together for a greater cause despite their mutual hatred. When the dust settles, only Jesse and Walt would be standing, forced to reconcile their differences the only way they know how: violence. Jesse kills Walt, avenging all of the lies Walt had seeded over the years. This scenario follows the darker route the show has been laying the past few episodes.

Prediction No. 2

A sneaky assassination.

Walt is smart. He has shown his brain can get him out of most scenarios unscathed, and allowed him to be one step ahead of the Drug Enforcement Administration for years. In Hank’s (Dean Norris) last breath, he referred to Walt as the “smartest guy (he) ever met.” I predict Walt somehow has greater plans for the ricin poison than one would expect. The ultimate target for assassination would be either Jack or Lydia (Laura Fraser), who crippled the meth empire dramatically. How Walt would go about this without getting caught or dying would be up to his craftiness. Ricin can either be injected or inhaled, so merely stabbing someone with a poisoned object would do the trick. In some way, I believe the ricin is going to be a key factor in the series finale.

Prediction No. 3

Suicide.

This would be the depressing yet fitting end to the drama, with Walt realizing the error of his ways. His family has disowned him, with even his son Walt Jr. (RJ Mitte) denying any money his father sends. He got his own brother-in-law, one of his closest friends, killed. He is responsible for poisoning an innocent kid, shooting people in cold blood and selling out Jesse to a sick form of slavery.

Walt ingests the ricin himself, and then goes about tying up loose ends. Ricin poison can take anywhere from hours to days to take effect, giving Walt just enough time to do what must be done. He would free Jesse, settle things with Jack, and somehow see his family one last time.

Who knows what Gilligan has in store, but we can all expect a shocking conclusion to this award-winning drama. It will be sad to see the journey of Heisenberg come to an end, and the many characters I have grown close to over the years.

“Breaking Bad” has taught us the limits of morality — what it means to provide for your family by any means necessary. It has shown a man fall into darkness, just as the hair had fallen off his head. The show will go into legend just as the famous blue meth leaves the streets. If I could wish for anything this finale, it would be for Jesse to give us a final send-off with his famous line… “Yo, b—h!”