Junior forward Ryan Dzingel (18) splits two defenseman during a game against Bowling Green Oct. 29 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU won, 5-3. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Junior forward Ryan Dzingel (18) splits two defenseman during a game against Bowling Green Oct. 29 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU won, 5-3.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Cruising on a three-game winning streak, the Ohio State men’s ice hockey team looks to maintain its momentum as it heads into a two-game series against Minnesota Duluth this weekend.

The Buckeyes (3-3-0) take on the No. 20-ranked Bulldogs (3-2-1) after avenging an earlier-season loss Tuesday night against Bowling Green.

Buckeye coach Steve Rohlik said he was proud of the team for “hanging in there” against the Falcons.

OSU junior forward Nick Oddo said although the team’s main concern is improving as a unit rather than tallying wins and losses, its winning streak factors into its mindset this weekend.

“It’s a big boost for us,” Oddo said. “It’s always nice to get a couple wins and go into the weekend — especially against a team like Minnesota Duluth — and have some confidence.”

Oddo attributes the Buckeyes’ recent success to polishing “the little things” on the ice.

“We’ve started creating good habits in practice and paying attention to the details of the game, and that’s what I think has contributed to our success in these past three games, as opposed to the first three,” he said.

The ability to control the pace of the games will be the deciding factor, junior forward Ryan Dzingel said.

“(Minnesota Duluth likes) to get up and down the ice,” Dzingel said. “They’re a very fast-kill team, so it’s going to be a high-tempo game, and I feel like one of our strengths is our speed, so I think we’re going to match their speed and it’s going to be a very intense game.”

Oddo said playing both games at home will be a well-needed break.

“It’s always nice playing in front of your home fans, especially against a good team like Duluth,” Oddo said. “We’re going to need everybody to come out and support us and get (the Schottenstein Center) rockin’.”

The Buckeyes are slated to play the two-game series at the Schottenstein Center Friday and Saturday. The puck is set to drop at 7:05 p.m. both nights.