Alanis Morissette performs live on the Plaza at Rockefeller Center, in New York City September 2003. It was recently announced the singer’s album ‘Jagged Little Pill’ would be turned into a musical.  Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Alanis Morissette performs live on the Plaza at Rockefeller Center, in New York City September 2003. It was recently announced the singer’s album ‘Jagged Little Pill’ would be turned into a musical.
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

It’s like rain on your Broadway play

When it comes to developing new Broadway musicals, I always look toward angsty and upset Canadian singers for material.

Alanis Morissette’s Grammy-winning album “Jagged Little Pill” is being turned into a musical by Tom Kitt, composer of “Next To Normal” and the Green Day-inspired Broadway musical “American Idiot,” and Vivek J. Tiwary, producer of “A Raisin in the Sun,” according to the New York Daily News.

“I look forward to taking the heart of ‘Jagged Little Pill’ and expanding its story, fleshing it out into deeper layers of emotionality, specificity, humanity, power, physicality, spirit and fabulism,” Morissette said in a press release.

Hopefully by this, Morissette means she’ll finally debunk the rumors on who “You Oughta Know” is about.

Is it Joey from “Friends” (Matt LeBlanc), a la “Walk Away,” or Uncle Joey from “Full House” (Dave Coulier)? The public needs to know.

I’m too beautiful in my own way

It’s always refreshing to know when celebrities think Photoshopped images of themselves on magazine covers are ridiculous.

Lady Gaga wasn’t so gaga over the photo Glamour magazine used on its December issue’s cover.

“I felt my skin looked too perfect, and my hair looked too soft,” Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, said at the 2013 Glamour Women of the Year awards Monday night. “This is not usually how I dress or how I carry myself.”

Should have gone with the meat dress from 2010.

Gaga went on to say that Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old Pakistani activist who survived being shot by the Taliban advocating for education and was also honored at the Women of the Year awards, should have been on the cover instead.

“If I could forfeit my Glamour cover, I would give it to Malala,” Gaga said. “You’re so inspiring, so young and so brilliant.”

Gale’s in the girlfriend games

Ladies, hold onto your britches — Liam Hemsworth, survivor of the wrecking ball, is single again.

The 23-year-old “Hunger Games” star said in an interview with Terri Seymour on “Extra” he is not seeing anyone right now.

The actor, who split up with his now ex-fiancé Miley Cyrus in September, was spotted with actress Eiza Gonzalez one day after the breakup.

When Seymour initiated whom the star should date next, Woody Harrelson, co-star of Hemsworth in the “Hunger Games” films, mentioned Oprah.

“I don’t want to count anything out,” Hemsworth said with a laugh. “She’s a wonderful woman, very strong woman.”

Well Mr. Hemsworth, if there’s one thing I have to say, it is this.

I volunteer as tribute.