If sequins and fancy dresses aren’t your thing, opt for a pair of leather leggings look classy, yet comfortable this New Years Eve. Credit: Courtesy of MCT

If sequins and fancy dresses aren’t your thing, opt for a pair of leather leggings to look classy, yet comfortable this New Years Eve.
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

There’s no such thing as planning too far ahead when it comes to holiday outfits, and with less than a month to go until New Year’s Eve, now is an excellent time to begin putting together an ensemble that will be perfect for ringing in a brand new year. Keep reading for some tips on picking the outfit that fits you best.

Get fancy

Whether you’re watching the ball drop at midnight on TV at a friend’s house or out and about at various parties, New Year’s Eve is meant to be full of as much glitz and glamour as possible. Don’t be afraid to get all dolled up just because the event you’re attending doesn’t seem big enough. This doesn’t necessarily mean you need to wear a flouncy dress with your highest heels and as many accessories as you can fit on your body — rather, wear what you feel most comfortable, but add a little bit of personal sparkle. If you’re a leggings and sweater girl, throw on some leather leggings and a sequined sweater. If you feel more at home in a skirt, just add some jazzy tights and a top you love. Comfort is key, but there are plenty of ways to combine comfort and style.

Add some sparkle

If there’s ever a night when there is no such thing as too much glitter, it’s this night. Whether you concentrate it all in one part of your outfit or spread it out between pieces, you can’t go wrong. Glittering heels paired with an otherwise sparkle-free outfit look wonderful, as they also do with a sequin-covered top and leather leggings. If you’d rather not draw quite as much attention to yourself with an ensemble that reflects all of the light, why not add some glittering eyeliner to brighten your face?

Branch out from black

Though black is the easiest color to dress up, especially when pairing it with pieces that sparkle, jewel-toned apparel is also great for wearing around the holidays. A pair of dark teal pants with a cream blouse is a great outfit choice for standing out on New Year’s Eve, as are ensembles with deep purples, wine reds and hints of metallic gold. If you just can’t bring yourself to stray from classic black, go ahead and add pops of these colors to an otherwise monochromatic ensemble. Jewel-toned shoes and jewelry look quite dramatic against such a dark outfit.

Go bold with makeup

If the glitter eyeliner mentioned above doesn’t suit your fancy, there are plenty of other ways to rock a new, bold makeup look for the night. If your lips are often bare, swipe on a fiery red-orange lipstick and some mascara, and you’re good to go. If you’d rather play up your eyes, a golden smoky eye is perfect for the holiday. New Year’s Eve is all about changing things up, and your makeup should be no different.

What you wear on this night is the outfit in which you’ll be starting a brand new year, so it’s important to choose wisely. No matter what, have fun with your clothes and ring in the new year with style.