Jennifer Lawrence backstage at the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards Jan. 12 in Beverly Hills, Calif.  Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Jennifer Lawrence backstage at the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards Jan. 12 in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Two stars shined brighter than all the Golden Globes handed out Sunday night.

Back by popular demand for the second year in a row, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did not disappoint their audience as the hostesses with the mostesses.

The 71st annual awards featured actors, actresses and a few musicians from Hollywood’s elite on the red carpet with nominations for their latest work.

Poehler and Fey’s skit was refreshingly simple, poking fun at the A-listers without being crude.

One of the most memorable jokes of the evening was when the hilarious duo poked fun at George Clooney, with, “George Clooney would rather float away into space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age.”

One sensitive joke of the night was when Fey and Poehler opened the show by referencing Lee Daniels’ “The Butler,” taking a jab at the Golden Globes for snubbing this 2013 film.

The awards foreshadow possible Oscar front-runner films, including “American Hustle,” “12 Years a Slave,” “Gravity” and “Dallas Buyers Club.”

For television, “Breaking Bad” cleaned up, winning Best Television Series in the drama category and Best Performance By An Actor In A Television Series, also in the drama category, for Bryan Cranston.

Jennifer Lawrence won the first award of the night for her supporting role in “American Hustle.”

Cate Blanchett won Best Performance By An Actress In A Motion Picture for drama, a well-deserved nod for her performance in “Blue Jasmine,” beating out Sandra Bullock’s performance in “Gravity.”

“12 Years a Slave” won Best Motion Picture in the drama category, beating both “Captain Phillips” and “Gravity.”

Leonardo DiCaprio won Best Performance By An Actor In A Motion Picture for the comedy or musical category, for his performance in “The Wolf of Wall Street.” Amy Adams won Best Performance By An Actress In A Motion Picture, under comedy or musical, for her fantastic performance in “American Hustle.”

Kate Beckinsale was the standout on the red carpet in a form-fitting mermaid cut silver gown. Sofia Vergara, Taylor Swift, Lawrence and Emma Watson looked divine as usual, with their beautiful hair and gorgeous gowns.

Sosie Bacon, the 21-year-old daughter of Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon, was the featured Miss Golden Globes 2014 (the chick who hands out the trophies).

Fey and Poehler pulled off another well-done show, and the ceremony honored a variety of actors and actresses for their performances of the year.