The Ohio Beta chapter of Pi Beta Phi is located at 1845 Indianola Ave. Credit: Karly Ratzenberger / Design editor

The Ohio Beta chapter of Pi Beta Phi is located at 1845 Indianola Ave.
Credit: Karly Ratzenberger / Design editor

A man broke through the window of Pi Beta Phi women’s fraternity house Thursday and was arrested shortly after, according to Columbus Division of Police report.

According to president of the Ohio Beta chapter of Pi Beta Phi Caroline Keyes, the incident took place after 2 a.m.

“I was asleep in my bed and someone who lives in the house heard banging on the third floor at the fire escape,” said Keyes, a third-year in journalism.

Keyes went to the third floor to check it out but said they “couldn’t see them. We didn’t know who it was.”

The police were called and Keyes said they arrived at Pi Beta Phi, located at 1845 Indianola Ave., within roughly two minutes and handcuffed a male OSU student, who had come in through the third floor window, shortly after.

“The police were here right away and it was handled very fast,” she said.

Keyes said none of the women knew the 20-year-old male student personally, and the Columbus Police report described the man as a stranger.

The male student did not immediately respond to an email request for comment Thursday evening. According to the report from the Columbus Police, the male was allegedly under the influence of alcohol during the incident.

Offenses listed against the man include criminal damaging/endangering, falsification, disorderly conduct, offenses involving underage persons and criminal trespass, according to the report.