Sophomore guard Cait Craft (13) attempts to beat a defender during a game against Michigan State Jan. 26 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU lost, 82-68. Credit Kaily Cunningham / Multimedia editor

Sophomore guard Cait Craft (13) attempts to beat a defender during a game against Michigan State Jan. 26 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU lost, 82-68.
Credit Kaily Cunningham / Multimedia editor

The inconsistency continues for the Ohio State women’s basketball team.

The Buckeyes (14-11, 4-5) fell on the road to the Wisconsin Badgers (10-11, 3-6) Sunday, 82-71, despite having four players scoring in double figures.

OSU trailed by as many as 22 points in the second half, only to cut it to seven with just 2:39 left after a free throw by sophomore guard Ameryst Alston.

That is as close as the Buckeyes would get for the remainder of the game.

OSU was led by junior guard Raven Ferguson, who poured in 17 points off the bench for the Buckeyes but also fouled out for the second time in conference play.

OSU was outrebounded 49-34 in the game and allowed 24 second-chance points for the Badgers who shot 47.5 percent from the field.

Senior center Ashley Adams, who has been a factor of late for the Buckeyes, scored only two points and grabbed one rebound in 10 minutes of play.

The Buckeyes did receive solid play from senior center Darryce Moore who tallied 15 points and eight rebounds in 24 minutes in a starting role.

The Badgers not only dominated the boards, they were able to shut down Alston, who was coming off of a career-high game with 31 points against Illinois Jan. 30. Alston was held to just 11 points on 4-13 shooting.

Wisconsin also had four players score in double figures including two who tied for a game-high 21 points. Junior forward Jacki Gulczynski and redshirt-junior center Michala Johnson each scored 21 and combined for 22 rebounds against the Buckeyes.

The Buckeyes will attempt to avoid losing two games in a row for the second time this season in conference play Thursday as they are set to travel to West Lafayette, Ind., to take on the No. 19 Purdue Boilermakers (15-7, 5-5). The Buckeyes won the first meeting between the two teams in Columbus Jan. 2, 89-78.