An armed robbery on Ohio State’s campus Sunday afternoon prompted University Police to issue a public safety notice.

The robbery occurred near Bevis Hall, located at 1080 Carmack Road, and was reported at about 4:40 p.m. “Parking proceeds” were taken from several CampusParc employees at gunpoint as they walked across the footbridge over Carmack Road toward Bevis, according to the notice.

University Police Chief Paul Denton said in an email Sunday evening he couldn’t discuss the amount of money taken.

“Because this is an open and active investigation, we will not share the type nor amount of property taken in the robbery,” he said. “As always, (University Police) will aggressively investigate this case.”

No one was injured.

The suspect was reportedly a black man, standing 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds with an “athletic build.” He was wearing all black and a hat or hoodie, as well as something partly concealing his face, according to the notice, and he fled on foot toward Kinnear Road.

Denton said the suspect’s “direction of travel after the incident was off and away from campus.”

CampusParc communications director David Hoover said Tuesday he was glad no one was injured.

“We are relieved that no physical harm came to our employees and understand that the Ohio State University Police Division is investigating this case. CampusParc will continue to support their investigation in every way possible,” he said in an email.

He referred The Lantern to University Police for any other details because it is “an open and active investigation.”

Denton said Tuesday afternoon University Police is still “actively investigating the incident.”

The public safety notice notice asked anyone with information to contact University Police or Columbus Division of Police.

Public safety notices are issued when crimes are considered to be of a “concern and/or continuing threat to the campus community,” though it does not mean there was an increase in crime or a crime pattern exists, according to the notice.

Editor’s note: This story was updated March 11 to include CampusParc’s statement and an update on the case.