Ohio State’s Chief Investment Officer Jonathan Hook is set to leave the university, and an interim replacement has been named.

Hook is set to become the first chief investment officer of the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation Inc. in Baltimore, effective May 15. Director of liquid strategies David Gilmore is set to assume the interim position.

Senior vice president for optimization and integration and Wexner Medical Center chief transformation officer Geoff Chatas announced the move in an email sent Thursday. OSU spokesman Gary Lewis forwarded the email to The Lantern Friday.

Chatas wrote that the announcement came with “a mixture of emotions.”

“Although we will miss Jonathan, we celebrate the many ways in which he has strengthened us to lasting benefit. Since joining Ohio State in 2008, he has installed and nurtured a highly professional investment team and approach,” Chatas wrote. “During his tenure, Ohio State’s portfolio has performed well, focusing on strong risk management and diversified investments and generating additional resources to support the work of faculty, staff and students.”

Hook joined the university in August 2008, establishing and directing the Office of Investments. Prior to his time at OSU, he stated the investment office at Baylor University and served as its chief investment officer.

Hook’s new employer, the Weinberg Foundation, aims to assist “financially disadvantaged and vulnerable individuals and families through grants,” according to its website.

Gilmore joined OSU in 2009 and works with liquid investments for the long-term investment pool.

According to Chatas’ email, the search for a permanent replacement for Hook is set to commence “in the coming weeks.”

Hook did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday.