Then-freshman running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) fights for extra yardage during a game against Purdue Nov. 2 at Ross-Ade Stadium. OSU won, 56-0. Credit: Ritika Shah / Asst. photo editor

Then-freshman running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) fights for extra yardage during a game against Purdue Nov. 2 at Ross-Ade Stadium. OSU won, 56-0.
Credit: Ritika Shah / Asst. photo editor

For the culmination of Ohio State spring practice, the team’s best players are set to line up toe-to-toe.

Falling in line with coach Urban Meyer’s statement Wednesday evening that he wants good players on both the Scarlet and Gray squads, each team balances plenty of talent that figures for a good show Saturday afternoon at Ohio Stadium.

Notable members for the Scarlet Team include redshirt-sophomore quarterback Cardale Jones, sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott, freshman H-Back Curtis Samuel, sophomore wide receiver Dontre Wilson, and a linebacking crew of senior Curtis Grant and redshirt-sophomore Chris Worley, according to an OSU press release.

The Gray Team is set to be led by redshirt-freshman J.T. Barrett at quarterback, while junior linebacker Joshua Perry, freshman linebacker Raekwon McMillan, redshirt-sophomore safety Tyvis Powell and junior cornerback Armani Reeves bolster the defensive unit.

The Scarlet offensive line features juniors Taylor Decker and Jacoby Boren, and are set to face off against Gray defensive linemen juniors Noah Spence, Adolphus Washington and Tommy Schutt.

Senior Michael Bennett and sophomore Joey Bosa anchor the defensive line for the Scarlet Team, and are slated to battle the likes of redshirt-sophomore Pat Elflein and others on the Gray offensive line.

The game will feature four 10-minute quarters, and the clock will stop throughout the first half but not in the second. No kickoffs will occur, according to the release, but sophomore punter Cameron Johnston is set to punt with no returns.

Each team has honorary captains, according to the release, as Vice President of Student Life Javaune Adams-Gaston will be representing the Gray Team, while Interim President Joseph Alutto is set to represent the Scarlet Team.

Cornerbacks coach and special teams coordinator Kerry Coombs, offensive line coach Ed Warinner, wide receivers coach Zach Smith and linebackers coach Luke Fickell will coach the Gray squad.

The coaches for the Scarlet Team are set to be running backs coach Stan Drayton, quarterbacks coach Tom Herman, tight ends and fullbacks coach Tim Hinton, co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach Chris Ash and defensive line coach Larry Johnson.

The game is scheduled to get underway at 1:30 p.m.