photo-credit-danny-clinch-extralarge_1397502952287

Patrick Carney (left) and Dan Auerbach of rock duo The Black Keys, which is set to open its Turn Blue world tour Sept. 5 at the Schottenstein Center.
Credit: Courtesy of Danny Clinch

Autumn in Columbus typically draws shades of scarlet and grey as football fans head to Ohio State’s campus, but the Schottenstein Center is set to Turn Blue in September.

Akron-based rock duo The Black Keys is slated to open its world tour at the arena Sept. 5, the band announced on its website Thursday morning.

The duo, consisting of Dan Auerbach on guitar and Patrick Carney on drums, will tour its imminent, eighth studio album, “Turn Blue,” set to be released Tuesday.

Auerbach and Carney debuted The Black Keys in 2001, but the band did not receive its breakthrough until the 2010 release of “Brothers,” which was named Best Alternative Music Album at the Grammys that year, and its single “Tighten Up,” which received a Grammy award. In total, The Black Keys boast six Grammy awards, including Best Rock album for 2011 release “El Camino.” The first single from the album, “Lonely Boy,” won two Grammy Awards and achieved notable commercial and international success.

The stop is set to be the The Black Key’s second tour in the arena, as the duo last played the Schottenstein Center in March 2012 during its El Camino tour.

Rock band Cage the Elephant, from Bowling Green, Ky., is set to open for The Black Keys in Columbus.

Tickets for the show are set to go on sale May 16.