3 OSU students were arrested for burglary, theft of a vehicle near the Memorial Tournament. (From left to right) Samuel Cochran, Joseph Leonard, Carsten Raaum Credit: Courtesy of Tracy Whited

3 OSU students were arrested for burglary, theft of a vehicle near the Memorial Tournament. (From left to right) Samuel Cochran, Joseph Leonard, Carsten Raaum
Credit: Courtesy of Tracy Whited

Three Ohio State students who allegedly broke into a Delaware County residence early Sunday morning have each posted bond following an arraignment.

The three suspects, Samuel Cochran, Joseph Leonard and Carsten Raaum, each posted bond set at $10,000 after the Monday arraignment. A hearing has been set for June 11, said Tracy Whited, public information officer for the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office.

The three students face felony charges of aggravated burglary and theft of vehicle in addition to fleeing and eluding, according to a Delaware County Sheriff’s Office press release.

In addition, the men face charges including operating a vehicle while intoxicated and underage drinking, Whited said.

Following a day at the Memorial Tournament, the three men entered the Dublin, Ohio, home located on Tartan Fields Drive at about 3 a.m. through a garage.

The homeowners awoke to noises and heard the men scatter out of the home before seeing them drive away in the homeowners’ vehicle, the press release said.

Officers with the Shawnee Hills Police Department located the vehicle about a quarter of a mile from the Dublin home, where they pulled over the men for questioning.

All three suspects then fled the scene on foot. One was found and caught without incident, another fell into a pond before being pulled to safety and the last was located in the woods using a K-9 deputy.

The three men were caught without injury, according to the press release.

Several law enforcement agencies contributed to the pursuit, including the Shawnee Hills Police, Powell Police and its K-9 deputy, Dublin Police and the Columbus Division of Police helicopter unit.

Cochran and Leonard are both marketing majors and Raaum is a finance major, according to OSU’s public directory, Find People.

None of the men responded to multiple requests for comment via email.