As Ohio State’s 2014 training camp continues, one Buckeye’s career has ended.

Redshirt-sophomore wide receiver Frank Epitropoulos, an Upper Arlington, Ohio, native, has decided to end his time with the OSU football team to focus on his pre-medical/dental academic program, according to an OSU press release.

In the release, Epitropoulos expressed his gratitude before explaining his decision to leave the team.

“I want to thank my teammates and coaching staff for all of their help and support. I wish them the best this season,” Epitropoulos said. “I love being an Ohio State Buckeye, but I am also competing to get into medical school and that is very important to me and my family. I am already in my third year at Ohio State and the process to begin applying to medical schools is not far off. After consulting with my family, I have therefore decided to end my athletic career so I can focus solely on academics.”

Epitropoulos played in four games for the Buckeyes during his redshirt-freshman season in 2013.

OSU also confirmed a couple of training camp injuries in its most recent release.

Following a tweet from the linebacker yesterday, OSU confirmed that freshman linebacker Kyle Berger has torn his ACL and is set for surgery next week. In addition, OSU confirmed that freshman defensive lineman Dylan Thompson has a knee injury that will not require surgery.

According to the release, both players are out indefinitely.

OSU is set to continue training camp from the Ackerman Road fields throughout the remainder of this week.