sports_stadium_lebron

2013 NBA Champion for the Miami Heat and Akron, Ohio native LeBron James stands on the sidelines at the Wisconsin football game Sept. 28 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 31-24. Credit: Lantern file photo

The King is set to make another return, this time to the Ohio State sidelines.

Cavaliers forward LeBron James is expected to be on the sidelines for OSU’s matchup with Virginia Tech on Saturday night, and is set to address the Buckeyes prior to kickoff, OSU athletic director Gene Smith confirmed in an email to The Lantern on Friday.

He is planning to come and we have made arrangements for him,” Smith said in the email.

It’s unclear whether or not this is becoming an annual tradition for No. 23, but James has been seen in the Buckeyes’ locker room and on the sidelines of Ohio Stadium at an OSU night game before.

On Sept. 28, 2013, just as he is scheduled to on Saturday, James addressed the Buckeyes before they kicked off against Wisconsin and was seen roaming the sidelines in a scarlet shirt. OSU defeated the Badgers by a final score of 31-24 in that game.

While James is the only one of his Cavaliers teammates that is scheduled be in attendance on Saturday night, the rest of the team is set to follow the superstar to Columbus as the Cavaliers are scheduled to play an exhibition game against the Philadelphia 76ers on Oct. 20 at the Schottenstein Center.

Tickets for that game are set to go on sale on Sept. 12 at 10 a.m., according to the Schottenstein Center box office.

The Buckeyes are set to take on the Virginia Tech Hokies on Saturday at 8 p.m.