This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

One of this year’s most discussed shows, “True Detective,” still has yet to leave the public eye months after the finale of its fantastic first season. Speculation has since run wild about the replacement of Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as the show’s stars. Now we have some confirmation.

Vince Vaughn will be one, and, sadly, Owen Wilson will not be the other.

Colin Farrell told Irish newspaper Sunday World that he will star opposite of Vaughn, along with other yet-to-be-named detectives.

The second season of the HBO crime epic is set to consist of — according to creator Nic Pizzolatto’s interview with entertainment news website HitFix in March — “hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.”

Vaughn is best known for his comedic roles in movies such as “Old School” (2003) and “Wedding Crashers” (2005), but has also done his share of dramatic work. He stood out as supporting character Wayne Westerberg in “Into the Wild” (2007) and as Mr. Geary in the underrated “Thumbsucker” (2005).

Farrell has long been associated with the role of the Irish tough guy, so it’s easy to see him as the bad cop between him and Vaughn. “True Detective” has made a name for itself by executing the unexpected, though, so it would be wise not to make any assumptions.

I just hope someone can simulate McConaughey’s role of the beer-swigging, pony-tailed hermit. It was quite the departure from his role in 2006’s “Failure to Launch.”

The sad and strange saga of Amanda Bynes took another turn early Sunday morning, when the (former?) actress was arrested for driving under the influence of a substance.

Bynes was in and out of courtrooms on multiple charges for much of 2012 and 2013, drawing attention for outlandish behavior and her odd public appearances (she was particularly fond of bright blue wigs), but has stayed relatively quiet since a rehab facility stay from last September to December.

Her problems don’t appear to be over, though.

Child stars are doing no better lately than they traditionally have, with Shia Labeouf’s arrests and Lindsay Lohan’s struggle to make a legitimate comeback. Soon, we might just stop paying attention altogether.

George Clooney married lawyer and activist Amal Alamuddin in Italy over the weekend, causing women ages 40-60 to sigh and realize that maybe they shouldn’t have waited around for Clooney to fall for them.