While he’s still waiting to hear about two national awards, Ohio State sophomore defensive lineman Joey Bosa picked up a pair of Big Ten honors Monday night.

Bosa was named the Big Ten’s Smith-Brown Defensive Lineman of the Year on Monday, while he is already a finalist for both the Lombardi Award and the Chuck Bednarik award. He was also named first team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and the media in a unanimous vote.

The Fort Lauderdale, Fla., native has totaled 46 tackles in 12 games this season, while he is in the top five in the nation with 13.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss. His sack and tackles for loss numbers put him atop the Big Ten standings. Bosa has also forced four fumbles this season.

He needs just half a sack to tie Vernon Gholston’s school record of 14 in a season.

Bosa’s sack of Penn State sophomore quarterback Christian Hackenberg sealed the Buckeyes’ 31-24 win against the Nittany Lions in double overtime earlier this season.

He’s the seventh Buckeye to be named the conference’s defensive lineman of the year. John Simon was the most recent OSU player to win that award in 2012.

Bosa and the Buckeyes are scheduled to return to the field Saturday to play in the Big Ten Championship Game against Wisconsin. Kickoff is set for 8:17 p.m. at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.