Super Smash Brothers for Wii U is the newest version of Nintendo’s fighting game series Super Smash Brothers. It was developed by Bandai Namco Games and directed by the series creator Masahiro Sakurai. Another version was released for the Nintendo 3DS, and both are rated for ages 10 and up.

Super Smash Brothers for Wii U is a fighting game for up to eight players. Unlike other fighting games, the object of Super Smash Brothers is not to deplete the opponent’s energy. Instead, you must batter the opponent until they are fatigued and can be knocked out of the fighting arena.

The cast is a composite of 50 different characters owned by Nintendo, including Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon characters. It is known for digging into Nintendo’s back catalog to find interesting characters and set pieces, and this installment also has the classic characters Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Pac-Man, which are popular but not owned by Nintendo. You can also create a fighter using Nintendo’s Mii avatar system.

The series is known for having many modes and collectible items that take a long time to fully explore. Some of these include a board game mode, a stage creator, solo and cooperative challenges, and over 1000 trophies that show off artwork from the Nintendo universe.