After a season that saw J.T. Barrett set the conference record for total touchdowns, Ohio State’s redshirt-freshman quarterback was named the Big Ten Greise-Brees Quarterback of the Year on Monday.

Barrett — who fractured his ankle on Saturday during OSU’s 42-28 win against Michigan — also set multiple school records in his first 12 games as the Buckeyes’ starter.

The Wichita Falls, Texas, native took over the job after senior Braxton Miller was ruled out for the season because of a shoulder injury in fall camp. Barrett set OSU records for the longest run by a quarterback (86 yards), the most single-game rushing yards by a quarterback (189) and the most total touchdowns and yards in a season (45; 3,772). He also broke Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith’s single-season school record of 30 touchdown passes.

Barrett was ruled out for the remainder of the season after his injury, but totaled 2,834 passing yards and 34 touchdowns through the air while throwing 10 interceptions. He added 938 rushing yards and 11 more scores on the ground.

The Rider High School product was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week seven times this season, which is a conference record. Barrett was also named the conference’s Offensive Player of the Week three times.

He was named a semifinalist for the Davey O’Brien award — given to the nation’s top quarterback annually — and has been in the Heisman Trophy conversation for much of the season.

Barrett was also named first team All-Big Ten by the media and coaches and the conference’s Hardest Working Player of the Year.

With Barrett ruled out, redshirt-sophomore quarterback Cardale Jones is set to make the first start of his collegiate career on Saturday in the Big Ten Championship Game.

The Buckeyes are scheduled to play Wisconsin at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Kickoff is set for 8:17 p.m.