With an 85-73 takeover of Wisconsin, the Ohio State Women’s basketball team has put itself back in position to finish the Big Ten season on a high note.

At 14-7 overall and 6-3 in the Big Ten, the Buckeyes have moved up to fifth in the conference and have put themselves in a position to make a run in the BIg Ten Tournament and claim a spot in the NCAA tournament.

The Buckeyes outscored the Badgers, 46-33, in the first half and were able to maintain that momentum, despite being outscored in the second half. Wisconsin put up 40 points after the break, but it wasn’t enough as OSU’s first-half surged led it to a 12-point win.

Lack of consistency has been a problem for the Scarlet and Gray. Junior guard Cait Craft addressed this before Tuesday’s practice, saying she would like to see the team string together a couple Big Ten wins, rather than winning a couple followed by a loss.

After advancing their win streak to two straight, OSU might be on its way to the consistency Craft wanted to see.

Freshman guard Kelsey Mitchell led the Buckeyes with 23 points, while junior guard Ameryst Alston chipped in with 19 points. In total, four different OSU players scored in double figures, compared to just two for Wisconsin.

OSU freshman forward Alexa Hart led the Buckeyes on the boards with 11 rebounds, seven of which came on the offensive end helping the Scarlet and Gray add 12 second chance points.

Wisconsin junior guard Nicole Bauman led all players with 31 points.

The Buckeyes are set to return to action at home Monday evening against Michigan State. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at the Schottenstein Center.