The Ohio State baseball team is 9-0 in midweek matchups after a two-game sweep of the Morehead State University Eagles.

The Buckeyes are 28-10 overall, but coach Greg Beals was quick to downplay Wednesday’s victory, stating that the team still has work to do.

“We are looking at the next game,” Beals said. “And we’re looking to keep it rolling. These guys are in a good spot, they know they’re playing well, but they also know their job’s not done yet.”

With the 7-0 shutout of the Eagles, the Buckeyes tallied their fourth sweep of the year. However, all was not sweet for OSU as freshman right-handed pitcher Jacob Niggemeyer went down in the bottom of the sixth after being hit by a line drive in his right wrist.

“He’s pretty sore. It was line drive directly to the bone. We are going to get an X-ray in the morning and hope for the best,” Beals said.

Freshman right-hander Seth Kinker relieved Niggemeyer, throwing 20 pitches before junior John Havird and redshirt-sophomore Shea Murray saw out the Buckeyes’ fifth shutout of the year.

Outfielder Tre’ Gantt sparked the Buckeyes with a 3-for-4 performance at the plate, prompting Beals to praise the freshman’s confidence.

“He’s had confidence from the day he’s walked in here. Tre’ Gantt knows he’s good at baseball, so that helps his mentality of being ready to play,” Beals said.

Gantt also scored one run and added two RBIs in his sixth consecutive game as the designated hitter for OSU.

“It feels great to finally get my chance; anything I can do to help my team win,” Gantt said.

OSU took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first, and after two scoreless innings, the Buckeyes turned up the heat. In the bottom of the fourth, senior catcher Aaron Gretz singled up the middle before Gantt shot a double to left field.

The bottom of the batting order gave the Buckeyes a 3-0 lead when junior shortstop Craig Nennig singled to right field, allowing Gretz and Gantt to score.

In the fifth, redshirt-junior third baseman Nick Sergakis blasted a double to right field, bringing two Buckeyes home, and making the score 5-0. Gantt continued the momentum for the Buckeyes by slicing a single up the middle to give OSU the 7-0 advantage.

OSU is now No. 14 in the RPI rankings, jumping up four spots after a series victory against the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The Buckeyes will look to continue their momentum as they travel to Evanston, Ill., to take on Northwestern.

The three game-series is set to start Friday at 4 p.m., followed by matchups on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.