Redshirt-freshman pitcher Adam Niemeyer is set to make his 2nd collegiate start against Morehead State on April 21 at Bill Davis Stadium.  Credit: Ryan Cooper / Lantern photographer

Redshirt-freshman pitcher Adam Niemeyer is set to make his 2nd collegiate start against Morehead State on April 21 at Bill Davis Stadium.
Credit: Ryan Cooper / Lantern photographer

After coming off of a series victory against No. 24 Nebraska this past weekend in Lincoln, Neb., the Ohio State baseball team is back in Columbus to take on Morehead State for a pair of midweek nonconference games.

With the victory against the Cornhuskers, the Buckeyes clinched their fourth Big Ten series win of the season and improved to 26-10 overall and 9-3 in conference play.

“It’s great to get a road series victory against a good ball club,” coach Greg Beals said in a press release after the win Sunday. “I felt good about how we played. We had to grind it out and our pitching was really good.”

Morehead State has been successful this season as well, holding a record of 25-14 overall. The Eagles are set to travel to Columbus on Tuesday with hopes of extending their three-game winning streak.

Redshirt-freshman pitcher Adam Niemeyer is expected to open up for the Buckeyes on Tuesday night, coming off his first career start against Louisville last week.

Niemeyer, who underwent Tommy John surgery on his elbow last year, tossed five innings for the Buckeyes and gave up just two hits and no runs in the 2-0 win against Louisville.

“I was nervous heading into (the game), but once I took the field and was around the rest of the guys and the team, it was just like any other game,” Niemeyer said after the Louisville game. “It’s been a long process but I’ve tried to stay positive. I knew when I came back I would have an opportunity to show what I could do.”

First pitch against Morehead State is set for 6:35 p.m. on Tuesday at Bill Davis Stadium. The teams are scheduled to square off at the same time on Wednesday to conclude the series.