This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” in which The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Lilly still elite

In January, a collaboration between the retailer Target and clothing line Lilly Pulitzer was announced.

Fans of the line had mixed reactions.

Some overjoyed, because “OMG, I love Lilly and Target so I can’t even right now.”

Some outraged, because “how dare they taint the Lilly name by associating with Target.”

I love pretending that my daddy has a yacht that my friends and I hang out on in summery floral dresses. I love cheap stuff even more. So this was reasonably exciting news to me.

But any hope of dressing like a trust fund kid quickly went away.

The line of pastel apparel and home goods was released Sunday morning. By noon, it was all gone online. Posts online showed empty racks within moments of opening. Items from the line are now up on eBay for twice the original price, and Target representatives say they will not be restocking.

So Lilly Pulitzer is still for people luckier than me. I’ll keep buying flannel shirts from the little boy section of Walmart then.

Sequel is only half full

The “Full House” sequel on Netflix is officially for real. “Fuller House” will have 13 episodes following a very familiar storyline. D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Candace Cameron-Bure) is now a pregnant widow whose sister and best friend live with her to help raise her kids.

At first I was like, “Wow that’s a dumb name.” And isn’t “more full” the grammatically correct phrasing? I might be an editor, but I don’t know.

But I get that it’s DJ’s married name. Does that fully excuse a lame name? I don’t think so.

I am also of the firm belief that sequels only disappoint (See past column on “Frozen 2”).

“Full House” is best enjoyed when you stumble across it on Nick at Nite. It’s like finding an old photo of you and your middle school friend.

“Fuller House” is more like said friend calling you up and telling you all about what supposedly cool things they’re doing in an attempt to make themselves again relevant to your life.

News flash: They’re not.

‘Big’ breakup because Bieber

Ariana Grande and Big Sean are kaput. What’s the big deal, you ask? Why should we care about more famous peoples’ relationships disintegrating?

Because I have done some Bob Woodward-level investigating and have a theory.

Ariana and Sean supposedly ended things a couple weeks ago. Also a couple weeks ago, Justin Bieber snuggled against Ariana during a concert. It was reported that Big Sean tweeted, “This kid is about to learn not to touch my girl like that. Beliebe that.”

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Big Sean told TMZ that was a fake tweet and the couple recently said that The Biebz had nothing to do with the Big Breakup. But I call B.S. I still beliebe.