This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” in which The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Vanity Va Va Voom

On Monday, Vanity Fair revealed the cover of its latest issue, featuring none other than Caitlyn, formerly known as “Bruce,” Jenner. If step-daughter Kim Kardashian’s bootylicious Paper cover broke the internet, Jenner shattered it.

The cover photo, taken by the iconic Annie Leibovitz, features Jenner wearing a white lingerie one-piece. The background appears to be brushed metal that provides soft reflections, adding to the glow around Jenner. It’s a stunning photograph. It’s a photograph and headline — “Call Me Caitlyn” — that people have been dying to see since the Diane Sawyer exclusive interview with Bruce.

But attention means trolls. An unexpected dig came from actor slash “musician” Drake Bell — unexpected because much of the population kind of forgot he existed. Bell tweeted, and then soon deleted, “Sorry….still calling you Bruce.” Other tweeted-and-then-deleted tweets by Bell said things along the lines of “good thing social media doesn’t affect real life” and “that’s bravery!” Social media does affect real life given it brought Bell back to relevancy for all the wrong reasons. Jenner was brave. Bell, on the other hand, also has no balls.

11 Kardashians and Counting

Before Queen Jenner took over every news outlet and social media site, minor freak outs occurred when a teaser Sunday night for “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” revealed that Kim and Kanye West were expecting a second cardinal direction. I mean “baby.” The obvious first choice for names is “South.” But my other suggestions to the happy couple include “Wild” and “Key.”

Buns, buns, baby

In news not related to the Kardashians, Taco Bell and McDonald’s both announced in the past weeks that they pledge to better their menus. Taco Bell will be purging its menu of “fake ingredients” while McDonald’s… toasts their buns longer. (Okay, so maybe “hot buns” and “fake” are slightly related to the Kardashians).

McDonald’s chief executive Steve Easterbrook said in a statement, “It’s the little things that add up to a big difference for our customers.” Having my buns warmed up is important to me, Steve. But as for you, Taco Bell, don’t you dare take the Doritos Locos tacos away from me.