This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” in which The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

You’re fired

On Tuesday, real estate behemoth and combover connoisseur Donald Trump threw his hat into the ring for Election 2016.

In a previous commentary, my esteemed and sass-filled colleague Ty Anderson made this assessment: “So it isn’t just Hillary that I see as a pop culture icon, but rather, any politician who runs for president of the United States.”

Donald Trump is a pop culture icon. He doesn’t have a Bieber swoop, but he has a hairstyle all of his own. He has a reality show empire, “The Apprentice,” complete with a catchphrase. He has an incredibly beautiful family. He says truly stupid things on the Internet.

He could be a Kardashian, really.

But president? I’d say he has as good a chance as Waka Flocka.

Shut up

More important than what’s happening in America is what’s happening in Genovia. Rumors circulated Tuesday that a “Princess Diaries 3” will be gracing the big screen.

Many love Julie Andrews because they remember watching her in “Sound of Music” with their families. I love Andrews from the “Princess Diaries.” She was like a (more gentle) predecessor to Meryl Streep in “The Devil Wears Prada.”

Would it be fun to see Mia and her sassy friend Lilly back in action? And Mia’s love interest that brings her M&M pizza? Certainly. But there’s already dozens of movies out with the same formula — girl takes her glasses off and is suddenly beautiful, but her best guy friend loved her all along. It’s best to just let it rest.

Speaking of sequels

“Jurassic World” opened this weekend and stomped, took a bite out of, crushed, etc. records by bringing in $208.8 million. The opening weekend record was previously set by “The Avengers” in 2012 with $207.4 million. Maybe Chris Pratt’s hot bod is the reason? Or maybe it’s because, despite my negativity, sequels and franchises sell because you can never get enough of a good thing.