We know. We at the A+E desk can’t believe it’s already June either. But June is shaping up to be a lot of fun with all the events ahead.
Thursday, June 4
- Food Truck Food Court, (every Thursday through September) 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Columbus Commons. 160 S. High St. Free admission, 10 food trucks to purchase from. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/food-trucks/
- Free Pool with Student I.D. (every Tuesday and Thursday), 2 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. at Suzi-Cue, 1950 N. 4th St.
- Thirsty Thursday & Karaoke, 5 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. at Oldfield’s North Fourth Tavern. 1571 N. 4th St. Karaoke and $3 Long Islands and Pabst Blue Ribbon tall boys.
- Beyond Our Walls, 6 to 8 p.m. at The Urban Arts Space. 50 W. Town Street. Admission is free. The exhibit stems off of Fresh A.I.R. (Artists in Recovery) Gallery’s anniversary celebrations by showcasing the works of 32 artists that simplify stereotypes given to the mentally ill and/or substance use disorders in their pieces. The exhibit will be on display until June 27.
Friday, June 5
- National Doughnut Day. Krispy Kreme will be giving one free to doughnut to every guest. Dunkin’ Donuts will be giving guests one free doughnut with the purchase of any drink. Buckeye Donuts will be celebrating the event, however, no free doughnuts will be given. http://www.krispykreme.com/nationaldoughnutday
- Oklahoma Joe’s Pulled Pork (every Friday), 5 p.m. at Ruby Tuesday. 1978 Summit St. Every Friday night Ruby’s cooks its signature pulled pork in a smoker outside the bar.
- Barenaked Ladies, 6 p.m. at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion. Tickets available through Ticketmaster, $45.10 with fees included. Last Summer on Earth 2015 Tour featuring Barenaked Ladies w/ support from Violent Femmes and Colin Hay comes to LC Pavilion.
Saturday, June 6
- Weekend Brunch, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Every Saturday) at Ethyl and Tank. 19 E. 13th Ave. Nurse the weekend’s wounds with an expanded breakfast menu and a self-serve bloody mary bar. http://www.ethylandtank.com/
- Short North Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in surrounding neighborhoods such as Victorian Village, Harrison West, Italian Village, Dennison Place and The Circles. Walk around these places and shop for things like furniture, clothing, toys and jewelry.
- Ride for Pride, 9:30 a.m. at Paradise Garage. 921 N. High St. Registration is $16.82, fees included, which covers the ride, Pride entrance wristband, water, a drink and food at the Pint House. First 50 people receive a free Pattycake Bakery cookie. http://www.columbuspride.org/events/pride-bicycle-ride
- Gallery Hop, 4 to 10 p.m. at the Short North Arts District. Come see a variety of galleries and non-traditional exhibit spaces while enjoying a selection of foods and drinks. http://shortnorth.org/arts-galleries/gallery-hop/
- Against The Grain – The Art of Patrick Wayner, 7 to 10 p.m. at Rivet. 1200 N. High St. Admission is free. The local artist will show his 3-D art that was created with woodworking tools such as a scroll saw. http://rivetart.com/rivet.jsp
Sunday, June 7
- Weekend Brunch, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Every Sunday) at Ethyl and Tank. 19 E. 13th Ave. Nurse the weekend’s wounds with an expanded breakfast menu and a self-serve bloody mary bar.
- Live Fire Sunday, (first Sunday of every month) 1 to 4 p.m. at Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. 1777 E. Broad St. Visitor to the conservatory can observe cooking demonstrations and sample wood-fired pizzas. Each sample costs $2.
Monday, June 8
- Bootcamp, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Columbus Commons. 160 S. High St. Admission is free. Work on those summer bodies with this fast-paced workout. Fill out waiver form provided through the website. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/fitness-classes/
- Elle King, 7 p.m. at The Basement. 405 Neil Ave. Tickets available through Ticketmaster, $14.95 with fees. http://www.ticketmaster.com/elle-king-columbus-ohio-06-08-2015/event/05004EA7BBD03733
Tuesday, June 9
- “My Blue Hawaii” Exhibition, on display this week at Hopkins Hall Gallery. 128 N. Oval Mall. Open Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free. The exhibition features artist Glen Holland’s graphic narrative that uses painting and music to tell a story.
- Columbus Zoo Animals (every Tuesday in June and July), noon to 1 p.m. at Easton Town Center, 1 Easton Oval. Admission is free. http://www.eastontowncenter.com/listing/agenttype/view/propertyid/1095/columbus-zoo-animals–events.aspx
- Half-off Drinks all night, Fourth Street Bar & Grill. 1810 N. 4th St. http://fourthstreetcolumbus.com/calendar/
- All you can eat wings (every Tuesday), 4 to 8 p.m. at The Ugly Tuna Saloona, 1546 N. High St. Fee is $10.95, save $2 with a BuckID. https://www.facebook.com/uglytuna
- Interval Training, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Columbus Commons. 160 S. High St. Admission is free. Participate in a series of mixed intensity workouts. Fill out waiver form provided through the website. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/fitness-classes/
- Yoga, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Columbus Commons. 160 S. High St. Admission is free. Take a step back and relax with a variety of yoga poses and breathing techniques. Fill out waiver form provided through the website. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/fitness-classes/
Wednesday, June 10
- Kickboxing, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Columbus Commons. 160 S. High St. Admission is free. Kick some butt while burning calories during this fitness class. Fill out waiver form provided through the website. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/fitness-classes/
- Sounds on the Town, 6 to 9 p.m. at Easton Town Center. 160 Easton Town Center. Admission is free. Walk around Easton every Wednesday until August 26 to hear a mix of local, regional, and national jazz musicians.
- EDITORS’ PICK: Hip-hop, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Columbus Commons. 160 S. High St. Admission is free. Pop and lock your way to fitting into last year’s bikini. Fill out waiver form provided through the website. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/fitness-classes/
- EDITORS’ PICK: Less Than Jake & Reel Big Fish, 6:30 p.m. at Newport Music Hall. Tickets available through Ticketmaster, $30.10 with fees included.
- Half-off Appetizers all night, Fourth Street Bar & Grill. 1810 N. 4th St. http://fourthstreetcolumbus.com/calendar/
- Free Pool & Trivi-oke, 9 p.m. to midnight at Ruby Tuesday. 1978 Summit St. http://www.rubytuesdaylive.com/
- Whisky Wednesday & Trivia, Oldfield’s North Fourth Tavern. 1571 N. 4th St. http://www.oldfieldsosu.com/events
To find more things to do in Columbus, visit thelantern.com/events.