Then-junior Elizabeth Campbell (14) prepares to serve a ball during a game against Penn State on Oct. 31, 2014. Credit: Lantern File Photo

The Ohio State women’s volleyball team grabbed victories in two of its three matches at the Rumble in the Rockies tournament in Laramie, Wyoming, to kick off the 2015 season.

After taking a loss in four sets in their season-opening match against host Wyoming on Friday, the No. 14 Buckeyes (2-1) rebounded on Saturday with wins against Butler and South Dakota.

In the first contest on Saturday, the Buckeyes picked up their first win of the season by running away with a victory over Butler in three sets (25-15, 26-24, 25-18).

Senior setter and Texas Tech transfer Emily Ruetter picked up her first double-double with OSU (30 assists, 10 digs) and junior libero Valeria Leon racked up 13 digs.

Senior outside hitter Elizabeth Campbell led the Buckeyes’ attack with 11 kills, while freshman outside hitter Audra Appold, junior middle blocker Taylor Sandbothe and senior middle blocker Tyler Richardson each tallied nine.

OSU’s second win of the day was by a wide margin, as it outscored South Dakota by 29 points and never trailed in three sets (25-13, 25-11, 25-22).

As a team, OSU had a .385 hitting percentage against the Coyotes. The Buckeyes were again led by Campbell, who had 18 kills — half of those coming in the first set — and a .517 hitting percentage.

Ruetter contributed 36 assists, an average of 12 per set.

OSU kept things close in its first game of the season against Wyoming but was upset by the Cowgirls in four sets (23-25, 25-20, 19-25, 23-25).

Wyoming was able to stifle the OSU attack, picking up 21 blocks and holding the Buckeyes to a hitting percentage of .031. Freshman middle blocker Reed Copeland picked up 12 blocks for the Cowgirls.

In what was the start of a big weekend, Campbell had a double-double against Wyoming, by way of 17 kills and 14 digs. She also had five blocks.

Appold had 15 kills in her OSU debut, while Sandbothe added 12. Freshman setter Taylor Hughes assisted on 36 points and added nine digs in her first game donning the scarlet and gray. Leon led all players with 21 digs.

Leon (4.3 digs per set) and Sandbothe (30 kills, five blocks) were named to the all-tournament team as

OSU finished in second place behind 3-0 Wyoming at the Rumble in the Rockies.

Next for the Buckeyes, Saturday marks the beginning of the home schedule as they’re set to host the 10th annual Sports Imports D.C. Koehl Classic on Sept. 5 and 6. Their first match is scheduled against Northern Illinois at noon, before meeting Florida State at 7 p.m. that evening. OSU is then scheduled to face the Seminoles a second time on Sunday at 7 p.m.