This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Rousey v. Mayweather

Ronda Rousey, Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar and Cardale Jones’ crush, has long had beef with Floyd Mayweather, Jr., wife beater and undefeated boxer. It is fueled by ego and sexism and, this week, focused on who makes more money.

Mayweather had said that Rousey could give him a call when she makes $300 million a night in a fight. Rousey told TMZ that she put pencil to the paper and calculated that she makes two to three times more than Mayweather per second.

But Mayweather cannot go without having the last jab. He told TMZ, the unofficial channel of this dispute, on Wednesday, “Last time I checked I was No. 1 on Forbes. She will never be at my status. Keep trying to get publicity.”

A literal fight between the two has also been rumored to take place some day.

But that could never happen. Mixed martial arts and boxing are similar on the surface, but very, very different. There would have to be a compromise. But these two don’t seem like the settling type.

McDonald’s v. Burger King

On the other hand, McDonald’s and Burger King are very, very similar and still have beef.

Burger King took out full page advertisements in The New York Times and Chicago Tribune on Wednesday, asking for the two to come together to create the Frankenstein creation of the McWhopper. The burger would then be sold at a pop-up shop in Atlanta on the International Day of Peace, Sept. 21, with all proceeds benefitting the nonprofit organization Peace One Day.

McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook said on Facebook that he and Ronald would be in touch, but that they should probably consider a better way to make effective change.

I don’t know of any better way to help the world than combine cholesterol with cholesterol, fake meat with fake meat, crummy food with crummy food — and call it innovative. That takes a Mayweather-level ego. That is what the world needs.