Ohio State students will soon have the ability to have Chipotle delivered to their doorsteps. The fast-casual restaurant has reached an agreement with Tapingo, a delivery app service, to distribute its Mexican-style cuisine to 40 college campuses nationwide, including OSU.

“We’re thrilled with this new partnership,” said Chris Arnold, Chipotle’s Chief Marketing and Development Officer, in an emailed statement. “We have always been really popular among college students and thought a delivery partnership that focused on students would be a super-convenient way for students to enjoy Chipotle.”

The anticipated start date for deliveries is Sept. 15 and the estimated delivery charge will not exceed $4.99, Tapingo Public Relations Manager Leanne Reis said in an emailed statement.

“Chipotle has been popular with students going back to our very first restaurant near the University of Denver, and we are always looking for ways to better engage with them,” Mark Crumpacker, chief creative and development officer at Chipotle, said in an emailed statement. “Tapingo, which has been well-received by students where its services are available, knows how to connect with these younger customers. That shared acceptance among younger customers made them a great choice for us to expand delivery aimed specifically at students.”

The Lantern reached out to the Chipotle on High Street, but the restaurant declined to comment.

“Our network of students is hungry for Chipotle, and we’re excited to deliver it quickly and at a very reasonable delivery cost,” said Daniel Almog, chief executive officer at Tapingo, in a press release.

Reis said Tapingo’s goal is to deliver hundreds of orders per day and the app should be ready to handle that challenge.

“We are staffing accordingly for all of our campuses, including OSU. It’s been all hands on deck to ensure that the technology behind our delivery service accommodates the demands of our users,” Reis said.

The mobile food-ordering app, which was founded in 2012, has been tested at several colleges across the country with Chipotle restaurants, which Reis said received very positive evaluations.

Throughout those market tests, they averaged a delivery time of 25 minutes per order. Reis added that Tapingo only charges a delivery fee, unlike other food delivery service apps that charge both a delivery and service fee.

Emily Sekerak, a second-year in health science, said she thinks the delivery service is optimal for winter conditions. 

“Honestly, I would do it,” she said. “My only excuse to get up in the cold is to go to class. I’m not going to go out to get food. … I would pay $4 to deliver me my food instead of going out in minus-16-degree weather.” 

Eric Hoffman, a fourth-year in strategic communication, said he will likely stick to dining in when he goes to Chipotle. 

“It is tempting to think that I can pull up my smartphone and tap in a few keys and someone will bring that food right to me,” Hoffman said. “However, with food, there are always issues of the route it takes to get to you and how long that might take and whether or not the freshness is the same.” 

Correction – September 3, 2015:

A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that Chris Arnold is the chief marketing and development officer for Tapingo. In fact, he is the chief marketing and development officer for Chipotle.