Get ready, today we’re going to talk about pornography.

Many of you reading this are more than likely at least familiar with the concept. Some of you might consider yourselves avid fans, while others might be completely opposed to porn. Both of these viewpoints, in my opinion, are completely acceptable.

Porn has some advantages. Although much of it is dramatized and staged, it allows people to explore aspects of their sexuality they wouldn’t otherwise be able to with another person, thus learning more about themselves and their relationship to sex. Some couples use it to bring new positions or ideas into the bedroom.

However, I urge everyone who does or who wants to watch porn to do so with mindfulness and caution of what they are watching. There are hundreds, if not many more, testimonials from current and former porn actors about the rampant sexual abuse and assault, both physical and emotional, and even cases of human trafficking. Porn is not produced by just one source, and though some are positive, in most cases the porn industry takes great advantage of its subjects. If you have even small doubts that what you are watching was consensually made, just stop watching it, because it probably isn’t.

To avoid this, simply start your search with something like “ethical porn companies” or something along those lines, and you may be surprised by how much of it is out there.

I’m sure everyone is aware of this, but the thing about porn is that there is a lot of it. One cannot watch all of the porn that is out there in a lifetime. So for those who have written porn off, although that is a completely acceptable decision, it could possibly be that you haven’t found porn to your liking. For example, if you are uncomfortable with watching porn videos, it may be worth trying audible porn or erotic fiction — of which there is also an abundance.

And if none of that does it for you, there is always your good ol’ imagination.