OSU coach Urban Meyer stands on the sideline during a game against Michigan State on Nov. 21 at Ohio Stadium. OSU lost 17-14. Credit: Samantha Hollingshead | Photo Editor

OSU coach Urban Meyer stands on the sideline during a game against Michigan State on Nov. 21 at Ohio Stadium. OSU lost 17-14.
Credit: Samantha Hollingshead | Photo Editor

After the move of Ohio State offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Ed Warinner up the press box to call games from high above the field led to a combined 86 points in OSU’s final two games of the 2015 season, coach Urban Meyer reshuffled the roles of several of his coaches to try and keep it that way.

Warinner will call each game from up above moving forward, and his specialty position will shift from offensive line to tight ends, according to a press release issued Friday morning.

“Our offense was as good as it was all year with coach Warinner and (quarterbacks coach Tim) Beck together in the box,” Meyer said in the release. “So keeping those two in place during games is something I think our offense will benefit from as we move forward.”

That tight end speciality replaces the work of Tim Hinton, who will move from an on-field coaching position to the “senior level executive director for football relations and special assistant to Meyer.”

“Tim (Beck) is an excellent coach and an outstanding person who I have a tremendous amount of respect for,” Meyer said in the press release. “I am grateful for everything he has done for us, and I see his value to this program even increasing as he becomes more of a resource and mentor for our current and future student-athletes. Plus, he’ll provide a needed strategy and analysis (role) with the offensive coaches.”

Hinton had previously been on Meyer’s coaching staff since the head coach arrived at OSU for the 2012 season.

With Warinner no longer working with “the Slobs” of the offensive line, Meyer brought in a new hire, Greg Studrawa, to the coaching staff.

Studrawa spent the previous two years in the Big Ten with Maryland as the offensive line coach. Before arriving there, he was with LSU for seven seasons, including two years as the offensive coordinator.

“I’ve known Greg for a long time, starting with my time at Bowling Green when he was my offensive line coach,” Meyer said in the release. “I know how good of a coach he is. There aren’t many people I’d entrust our offensive line to after the job coach Warinner has done, but Greg is one of them and I’m pleased to have him join our staff.”

Another new addition to the coaching staff for the 2016 season, associate head coach and co-defensive coordinator Greg Schiano, was introduced to the OSU coaching staff in December to replace Chris Ash, who took the head coaching position at Rutgers.