Former OSU H-back Braxton Miller salutes the crowd before his final home game on Nov. 21 against Michigan State. Credit: Samantha Hollingshead | Photo Editor

Former OSU H-back Braxton Miller salutes the crowd before his final home game on Nov. 21 against Michigan State.
Credit: Samantha Hollingshead | Photo Editor

Braxton Miller, former quarterback and wide receiver for OSU, was selected by the Texans with the 85th pick of the draft.

Miller starred as the signal caller for the Buckeyes for three years after coming in during the fourth game of the 2011 season. The mixture of speed and athleticism propelled Miller to Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year honors in 2012 and 2013.

After totaling over 5,000 yards through the air and more than 3,000 yards rushing, along with 84 touchdowns, he was injured at the beginning of the 2014 season

This prompted the 6-foot-1 quarterback to take a medical redshirt. OSU fans would see Miller return as a fifth-year senior, but in a new position.

Miller became an H-back/wide receiver in an attempt to better utilize his athleticism.

The Huber Heights, Ohio, native did not disappoint, as he racked up 341 yards receiving and 260 yards rushing, along with four touchdowns.

Miller might not have produced Heisman-type numbers, but he showed flashes of what he can provide to an NFL team in his stellar Senior Bowl performance.

Miller will most likely be lining up as a receiver next season, along with the likes of DeAndre Hopkins and fellow rookie Will Fuller from Notre Dame.

There is an OSU connection for Miller in Houston in the form of linebackers coach Mike Vrabel, who played for the Buckeyes from 1993-96, and later became an assistant coach at OSU from 2011-13.  

The Texans season is slated to begin on Monday at NRG Stadium against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 11.

Later in the season, the Texans face the Denver Broncos on Monday night on Oct. 24, setting up for a showdown between Miller and former OSU standout cornerback Bradley Roby.