An evening view of High St. Credit: Courtesy of Mason Swires | Asst. Photo Editor

An evening view of High St. Credit: Mason Swires | Asst. Photo Editor

Thursday, July  7

Crown Larks, 9 p.m. at Rumba Cafe, 2507 Summit St.The Chicago band is set to take the stage with local acts Betsy Ross and SHVS. Tickets are $5 at the door with a $2 surcharge for those under 21.

COSI After Dark, 5:30-10 p.m. at Cosi, 333 W. Broad St. This month’s focus is games of all kinds, featuring the new exhibit, Game Masters: The Exhibition. The event offers a range of games including board games and classic Xbox games on the jumbo screen. Tickets are $14 in advance and $16 at the door. Ages 21+.

Jeanne Dielman, 7 p.m. in the Film/Video Theater in the Wexner Center for the Arts. See a new restoration of the 1975 film by Chantal Akerman to kick off the Wex’s summer “Don’t Call Me Honey: Fierce Women of Film” series. Admission is $6 for students.

Soul Asylum, doors at 7 p.m. at A&R Music Bar, 391 Neil Ave. The more than 30 years running alternative rock group is set to perform with opening act The Summit. Tickets are $24.85 including fees via Ticketmaster. All ages.

Friday, July 8

Dave Matthews Band, doors open at 6:30 p.m. at Nationwide Arena, The American rock band is set to perform two sets when its summer tour comes to Columbus. Tickets start at $45.50 not including fees via Ticketmaster.

North Country, 7 p.m. in the Film/Video Theater in the Wex. Charlize Theron stars in the 2005 film about a landmark labor lawsuit. Admission is $6 for students.  

Rhythm on the River, 7:30 p.m. at Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Drive. Local band Popgun is set to perform its own spin on classic pop songs. Admission is free.

Independents’ Day Lineup Reveal, 8 p.m. at Skully’s Music Diner, 1151 N. High St. Find out the lineup for September’s Independents’ Day festival and hear from local bands roeVy, Label Me Lecter, The Black Antler and Turtle Island. No cover for ages 21+.

Embassy Boardshop 10 year party, 10 p.m. at Double Happiness, 482 S. Front St. Celebrate the local skate shop’s 10th anniversary with music, skate videos at a party presented by Trapathon. Admission is free.  

Movies on the Mile: Back to the Future, at dusk at Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Drive. See the 1985 time-traveling classic starring Michael J. Fox. Admission is free.

Saturday, July 9

4th and 4th Fest, doors at noon at Ace of Cups, 2619 N. High St. Ten bands are set to take the stage, headlined by Times New Viking and The Thermals and presented by Seventh Son Brewing Company. Tickets are $29.87 including fees via Ticketfly for ages 18+ with a $5 surcharge at the door for those under 21.

Hannah’s Pick: V!bes Pineapple Summer Party, doors at 7 p.m. at King Avenue 5, 945 King Ave. The local “beach pop” band is set to be joined by fellow locals Clubhouse as well Los Angeles-based artist, Paris Anderson. Admission is $10 for ages 21+ and $12 for ages 21 and under. Presale tickets are available for $9.43 including fees.

Aliens, 7 p.m. in the Film/Video Theater in the Wex. See James Cameron’s blockbuster film starring Sigourney Weaver as part of the Wex’s “Don’t Call Me Honey: Fierce Women of Film” series. Admission is $6 for students.

A Night of Symphonic Hip Hop ft. Nelly 8 p.m. at Columbus Commons, 160 S. High St. The Grammy award-winning artist joins the Columbus Symphony for a different take on his hit songs, including “Hot in Herre” and “Just a Dream.” Tickets start at $31.50 including fees via Ticketmaster.

Sunday, July 10

Fields & Planes, 12:30- 2 p.m. at the Gazebo in Goodale Park, 120 W. Goodale St. The local folk outfit takes the stage as a part of the Goodale Park Music Series. Admission is free.

Top Hat, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at Ohio Theatre, 55 E. State St. See the classic 1935 film starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers as a part of CAPA’s Summer Movie Series. Day of show tickets available for $4 one hour before show at the Ohio Theatre kiosk, cash only.

Miss Gay Ohio, doors at 6 p.m. at Axis Nightclub, 775 N. High St. Watch the competition for the crown of the 38th Miss Gay Ohio America in the longest running pageant in the state.

Monday, July 11

Keanu, 6 p.m. in the Keith B. Key Center in the Ohio Union. See the recent comedy starring comedians Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele for OUAB’s Movie Monday. Admission is free with BuckID.

Maxwell, 7:30 p.m. at Palace Theatre, 34 W. Broad St. The singer-songwriter makes a stop in Columbus in support of his fifth album, “blackSUMMERS’night.” Tickets start at $62.10 including fees via Ticketmaster.

Tuesday, July 12

10 Years, doors open at 6:30 at Newport Music Hall, 1722 N. High St. The Knoxville, Tennessee-based band founded in 1999 is set to take the stage with opening acts He Is Legend, Spoken and Dread Engine. Tickets are $17.50 in advance and $22 the day of the show, not including fees. All Ages.

Regina’s Pick: Kitten, doors open at 7 p.m. at The Basement, 391 Neil Ave. The Los Angeles indie rock band makes a stop in Columbus on its “Steal the Night” tour supported by Sizzy Rocket and Clean Spill. Tickets are $13 in advance and $15 the day of the show. All ages.

Wednesday, July 13

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, 7:30 p.m. at the Ohio Theatre, 55 E. State St. See the 1981 Mel Gibson cult action film as a part of CAPA’s Summer Movie Series. Day of show tickets available for $4 one hour before show at the Ohio Theatre kiosk, cash only.
Weird Wednesday, 9 p.m. at Scarlet & Grey Cafe, 2203 N. High St. Local improvisational act Jones for Revival is set to take the stage along with Omniview and Hop New Thousand as a part of the weekly concert series. Admission is $8 for ages 18 and up, $4 before 10 p.m.