Hannibal Buress attends the "Daddy's Home" premiere on December 13, 2015 in New York City. Credit: Courtesy of TNS

Hannibal Buress attends the “Daddy’s Home” premiere on December 13, 2015 in New York City. Credit: Courtesy of TNS

Hannibal Buress is set to bring his comedy from the screen to the stage at the Speaker Jo Ann Davidson Theatre tonight.

Buress doesn’t consider his act simply stand-up though. Billed as “The Hannibal Montanabal Experience,” the comedian promises more, including a DJ.

“We’re just going to have fun with it,” Buress told The Lantern.

On tour, when he’s not on stage, Buress said he enjoys going to after parties, eating out and going to movies. When he spoke with The Lantern, “Sausage Party,” starring Seth Rogen was the most recent movie he had seen.

Rogen and Buress shared the screen in “Neighbors” and its sequel “Neighbors 2.”

Buress has also lent his voice to a more G-rated crowd, doing voiceover work for animated movies “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Angry Birds.”

“There’s a lot of different moving parts with acting on camera versus doing voiceover work,” Buress said. “Doing voiceover I just need to do my thing and do my lines there and just try to make it the best I can. I’m not interacting with other actors, putting on wardrobe, not trying to get a crazy reaction from people. Just trying to make mine the best.”

Buress has a recurring role on stoner comedy “Broad City,” and is co-host, writer and producer of Adult Swim series, “The Eric Andre Show.”

In a video for Vanity Fair, Andre and Buress attempted to get each other dates by hijacking their respective Tinder accounts.

“That was fun,” Buress said of the act. “I think now when I do use (Tinder), a lot of girls have seen that video so they think I’m catfishing them. I didn’t go out with any of those girls though! We ruined all of them.”

Buress said he had visited Columbus three times, but only for performing shows.

“I haven’t been able to really chill there and get a feel for the city,” he said.
Those interested in swiping right on the Hannibal Montanabal Experience can see Buress Friday night at the Speaker Jo Ann Davidson Theatre at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $33.25 including fees via Ticketmaster.