OSU freshman defensive end Nick Bosa (97) and other dejected Buckeyes return to the locker room after their 24-21 loss against Penn State on Oct. 22. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Photo Editor

A 24-21 loss to the now-No. 24 Penn State Nittany Lions dropped the Ohio State football team four spots to the No. 6 spot in the latest update of the Associated Press Top 25 Poll.

The top spot on the list remains the Alabama Crimson Tide following its 33-14 victory over the now-No. 9 Texas A&M Aggies.

The Michigan Wolverines take over the No. 2 spot in the rankings after they routed the Illinois Fighting Illini 41-8. Clemson advanced to No. 3 in the rankings after a bye week.

Washington checked in at No. 4 after its 41-17 victory over the Oregon State Beavers and the Louisville Cardinals round out the top five after their 54-13 win over the North Carolina State Wolfpack.

This week, the Big Ten checks in with five ranked teams. Along with Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, No. 7 Nebraska and No. 11 Wisconsin represent the B1G in this week’s AP Poll. The Badgers host the Huskers this week in a Big Ten West battle in Madison, Wisconsin.

The Buckeyes will take on unranked Northwestern this week as they look to get back into the win column.