After a long bye week for Ohio State co-defensive coordinator and associate head coach Greg Schiano, the Buckeyes dominated Saturday’s game against Rutgers.

There were many questions as to how Schiano and his defense would perform following his incident with a bicyclist early last week. Schiano struck the bicyclist on the morning of Sept. 22, and was later cited for the accident.

OSU coach Urban Meyer said Schiano was extremely distraught following the incident.

“He was devastated,” Meyer said at Wednesday’s press conference. “It broke his heart.”

Following Saturday’s game against Rutgers, Schiano was made available to the media. While most questions centered on the production of his defense, he did offer one statement about the events from last Thursday.

“In respect to him and the whole situation, it really was an awful accident; one I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy,” Schiano said. “It happened and I’m glad that he’s progressing, and he and his family remain in our prayers.”

The victim, identified as a 26-year-old male, was transported to the Wexner Medical Center on Sept. 22. There has been no update on his condition, although Columbus Police Department Sgt. Brooke Wilson said the victim was expected to survive.

Schiano said he would make no further comment on the situation