Columbus Police, Fire and other agencies surround the attacker's car that hit multiple students outside of Watts Hall on Nov.28. Credit: Mason Swires | Assistant Photo Editor

Columbus Police, Fire and other agencies surround the attacker’s car that hit multiple students outside of Watts Hall on Nov.28. Credit: Mason Swires | Assistant Photo Editor

After a man attacked students with his car and then a butcher knife Monday morning, national media immediately descended onto Ohio State’s campus. Here is a breakdown of what is known and what is unknown as of Monday afternoon.

Knowns

At 9:52 a.m., a gray Honda Civic jumped curb and struck multiple pedestrians.

Nine were injured, and are receiving care at Wexner Medical Center, Grant Medical Center, Riverside Methodist Hospital.

The suspect was wielding a butcher knife and attacked bystanders after crashing the car.

Two pedestrians are receiving treatment consistent with being struck by a vehicle.

One casualty on the scene has been confirmed to be the suspect. Multiple shots were heard by students.

There was no evidence of a firearm at the scene, or a second assailant.

Two individuals were arrested at the Lane Avenue parking garage, but were later released.

A little after 3 p.m., the university announced all buildings, with the exception of, the Student Academic Services on West Lane, have reopened to students retrieving items.

Unknowns

The motive of the attack is unknown, although University Police Chief Craig Stone said the attack was intentional.

Some outlets are reporting the name of the assailant, but it has not been confirmed to The Lantern. CNN is reporting details about the assailant that are inconsistent with the name being reported by other outlets.