Home » Sports » Football » Football: Ohio State drops six spots to No. 8 in latest AP Poll

Football: Ohio State drops six spots to No. 8 in latest AP Poll

Wide receiver K.J. Hill (14) and coach Urban Meyer sing Carmen in front of the student section following their 31-16 loss to Oklahoma. Credit Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

Following Ohio State’s 31-16 loss to Oklahoma at home Saturday, the Buckeyes have dropped six spots from No. 2 to No. 8 in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll. The victor in that game replaced Ohio State as the No. 2 team.

The top five consists of No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Oklahoma, No. 3 Clemson, No. 4 USC and No. 5 Penn State. Michigan is the only other Big Ten team besides Penn State to be ranked ahead of Ohio State at No. 7.

In total, the Big Ten has four teams in the top 25. After Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State, Wisconsin placed at No. 10, moving down one spot from last week. Three teams in the conference received votes as Maryland received 42, Iowa had two and Michigan State had one.

Ohio State will look to rebound next Saturday when it hosts Army at 4:30 p.m.

AP Poll

1. Alabama (58)
  2. Oklahoma (2)
  3. Clemson (1)
  4. USC
  5. Penn State
  6. Washington
  7. Michigan
  8. Ohio State
  9. Oklahoma State
  10. Wisconsin
  11. Florida State
  12. LSU
  13. Georgia
  14. Louisville
  15. Auburn
  16. Virginia Tech
  17. Miami (FL)
  18. Kansas State
  19. Stanford
  20. TCU
  21. Washington State
  22. South Florida
  23. Tennessee
  24. Florida
  25. UCLA

One comment

1. Ok, #3 Florida St loses 7 spots after the loss to number 1 but Ohio State only loses 6 after a bad loss to the number 5 ranked team. What is wrong with that ? FSU is 3 spots lower after losing to the number 1 spot team. That makes absolutely ZERO sense unless you just want to keep OS up high for no reason. I know these are not official rankings yet but how are these rankings determined that a loss to a lower ranked team costs less than a loss to the highest ranked team ?