With the holidays arriving soon, the need to stay frugal is at an all-time high to be able to afford all those secret Santa gifts. Here are five great restaurants with quality meals under $10 for students in a pinch.

New Taj Mahal  2361 N. High St, Columbus, OH 43202

An Indian restaurant just a few blocks north of Lane Avenue offers one of the best lunch buffets on High Street. The buffet varies in selection, but carries fantastic food for those that want to get their grub on. With the buffet going from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., students have plenty of time to make it there for lunch. With unlimited food and a 15-percent discount to Ohio State students, New Taj Mahal is a hit.

What to try: Chicken biryani or tandoori chicken

Red Chili Asian Kitchen  1948 N. High St, Columbus, OH 43201

Often overlooked because of its placement between Qdoba and Subway, Red Chili offers authentic Asian cuisine. With a vast menu available in both Mandarin Chinese and English, there is no shortage of meal choice. All food is made to order so customers receive their meals hot and fresh. Generous portions leave customers satisfied.

What to try: General Tso’s chicken ($5.75)

Exotic Latino Grill  355 E Hudson St, Columbus, OH 43202

Exotic Latino Grill is a food truck specializing in Colombian food. Fried plantains, burritos, quesadillas and much more make for a difficult decision upon arrival. Perhaps the best thing about the truck is the prices. Quality food prepared in front of you for perhaps the best deal on the list, it certainly solidifies it as one of the top meal bargains for students. Oh, and did I mention the generous portions?

What to try: Burrito bowl with your choice of meat ($5)

Jack And Benny’s  2563 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202

Located near the corner of Hudson Street and North High Street, Jack and Benny’s breakfast joint is only open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. But for students who love breakfast, this place is a must-try. Resembling an old-school dining experience, the atmosphere is always enjoyable. With a detailed menu and fantastic food, students can enjoy a nice meal without having to pay an arm and a leg.

What to try: French toast ($4.95)

Mother Clucker’s Chicken  2348 N High St, Columbus, OH 43202

Fried chicken, sandwiches, wings and more highlight this hole-in-the-wall restaurant located in a building on the corner of North High Street and East Patterson Avenue. For students in a rush, Mother Clucker’s is a great place to call and pick up an order. Each day of the week highlights a new special. Various flavors of wings also add variety for customers to try something different. Their menu goes on and on, so be prepared to make a difficult decision.

What to try: Parmesan chicken sandwich ($5.99)