Dr. Michael Caligiuri, CEO of the James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute, resigned Nov.15. It was announced Nov. 28 he had taken another position outside of Ohio State. Credit: Courtesy of OSU

Less than two weeks after announcing his resignation as the head of Ohio State’s James Cancer Hospital, Dr. Michael Caligiuri has found himself a new job.

Caligiuri now accepts the role as the president and physician-in-chief of City of Hope National Medical Center in the city of Duarte in Los Angeles County, California, according to an announcement from the center on Tuesday.

Caligiuri also served a dual role as the director of Ohio State’s Comprehensive Cancer Center.

As the former CEO of the Richard J. Solove Research Institute as well, Caligiuri was one of the most prominent figures in the Wexner Medical Center before abruptly resigning.

Earlier in the month, Caligiuri stepped down as director of the cancer center in place of Raphael Pollock, who is now the permanent director.

At the time, the university said Caligiuri would remain at Ohio State in his CEO roles.

When he resigned altogether, the university said Caligiuri would remain at Ohio State in his tenured faculty position.

Caligiuri has not responded to request for comment or interviews.