Ohio State redshirt junior forward Keita Bates-Diop attempts a 3-point shot in the second half against Northeastern on Nov. 19 at the Schottenstein Center. Credit: Jacob Myers | Managing Editor for Content

Ohio State (5-1) rode a strong ending to the first half and took the lead early in the second half to beat Stanford (3-4) 79-71 in the second round of the Motion Bracket in the PK80 Invitational in Portland, Oregon.

The Buckeyes opened up the second half with a 3-pointer from junior guard C.J. Jackson to give Ohio State the 35-32 lead. Ohio State held the lead for the remainder of the game. Jackson finished the game going 7-for-14 from the field for 23 points, three assists and six rebounds.

The two teams traded punches the remainder of the game, finishing on a near-even, Ohio State 44-37 run.

A 3-pointer by redshirt junior guard Robert Cartwright with 10:45 left in the first half gave the Cardinal a 10-8 lead. The Cardinal then went on a 21-13 run over the next 6:54 to extend its lead to 31-21.

Ohio State finished the second half on an 11-1 run to tie the game at 32, fueled by three 3-pointers from redshirt junior forward Keita Bates-Diop. He hit a deep 3 to tie the game with seven seconds left in the first half.

The Buckeyes were led by Bates-Diop, who finished the game with his fifth double-double of the season. He went 6-for-13 from the field — including 4-for-7 from beyond the arc — for 18 points and 11 rebounds.

As a team, the Buckeyes went 25-for-61 (41 percent) from the field, compared to just 22-for-61 (36 percent) from the Cardinal. Ohio State outrebounded Stanford 43 to 38.

The Buckeyes will next take on Butler at 3 p.m. ET Sunday in its last match in the PK80 Invitational.