Rich Lewis prepares to take on his role in Alan and the Fullness of Time. Credit: Noah Davidovitch | Heaven Bound Films

An Ohio State alumnus has landed a role in the upcoming feature film, “Alan and the Fullness of Time.”

Columbus-native Rich Lewis will star as NIA Agent Ettes in the faith-based drama/thriller about a young boy’s struggle with what he’s meant to do, and the evils at work to stop him and his circle of close believers. Lewis’ character is one of the lead agents working against the boy.

While at Ohio State, Lewis studied diagnostic radiography, but took to acting after falling in love with it in an introductory theater class, where he discovered his passion.

“I was having a lot of fun with it and the professor recognized that,” Lewis said.

After graduation, Lewis worked in radiography technology at Grant Medical Center in Columbus for a year before taking on more creative endeavors in acting. Lewis said his experiences at Ohio State, as well as the diverse culture it offered, were reasons for his success.  

“It’s really helped me to be more open because you have to be open in this line of work … It helps you get better with people on set,” Lewis said.

The film is written and directed by Markus-Charles Cook, a director of more than 10 films and son of the film’s executive producers, Cheryl and Jeffrey Cook. “Alan and the Fullness of Time” will be the Cook’s first feature film.

Cheryl Cook said the production team chose to film in the Cincinnati area for a few reasons.

“It is [our] hometown and it’s also a growing area for filmmaking,” she said. “The community has been very supportive, and excited, I think, about the filmmaking process.”

The film is also being produced by Chase Crawford, an Ohio native and University of Cincinnati graduate who doubles as an actor. Crawford has appeared in shows such as “House of Cards” and “Empire,” as well as numerous independent films.

For Crawford, producing the film allows him to create a meaningful work alongside his friends.

I mean I’m really excited. This is a really good story and I get to work with a lot of people that are my friends,” Crawford said. “Markus has brought a lot of people on that he went to school with and that he’s friends with, too. It’s really a culmination of a good story and working with people that you like.”

“Alan and the Fullness of Time” will begin production this month in the Cincinnati area with an anticipated release date in late 2018.