The Ohio State Board of Trustees met Friday and unanimously approved all agenda items including the following:

Health Sciences Faculty Office and Optometry Clinic Building construction, beginning Sept. 2018

Ohio State announced another demolition project for campus. On-campus businesses Adriatico’s and the University Flower Shop are set to close in September. Credit: Owen Daugherty | Assistant Campus Editor

The university announced its plan to demolish Adriatico’s, the University Flower Shop and a Huntington Bank branch at the corner of 11th and Neil avenues to build retail space and a clinic in the businesses’ place.

The total cost of the 93,000 square-foot office is $28 million.

University Flower Shop and Adriatico’s have long been part of campus. The flower shop has been on campus since 1932. Adriatico’s has been on campus for about 30 years. The university bought the buildings from the previous owners around 25 years ago.

The Board also approved $600,000 to employ an architect to design a “relatively simple building.”

The flower shop and pizza business owners told The Lantern Tuesday they each are seeking new locations and hope to have a similar location on Ohio State’s Central Campus.

More details: Here.

Repairs, construction to The Oval

Starting Fiscal Year 2018, Ohio State Energy Partners will begin tunnel and utility system repairs on The Oval.

The total cost of the project is $14.6 million; Energy Partners will fund $10.8 million of the cost. Additionally, the Board approved $945,000 to be put toward electrical system upgrades on campus.

More details: Here.

Construction details of Koffolt and Fontana labs renovation

Koffolt and Fontana labs will undergo a $59.1 million construction project to update research labs, office space and classrooms this spring. Courtesy of Ohio State.

Beginning April, Koffolt and Fontana labs will undergo a bit of a facelift to create updated research labs, office space and classrooms.

The total cost of the project is $59.1 million and it will run through December 2019.

More details: Here.

President Drake raise, $208,000 bonus

University President Michael Drake will receive a $208,000 bonus and 2 percent increase to his base salary, totaling to a salary close to $850,000.

Drake’s university goals — which focus on excelling in the fields of teaching and learning, access and affordability, research and creative expression, academic healthcare and operational excellence — were approved, as well. No further detail other than the fields of interest were provided in Board documents.

More details: Here.

Changes to football ticket prices

Ohio Stadium. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

The cost of a season package to attend Ohio State football games for nonstudents will decrease to $681 per seat for the season, a $14 decrease from this season. In 2016, tickets cost $614 per seat.

Student prices will not change and will remain at $34 per game until the 2020 season.

More details: Here.  

Board approval, reappointment

The Board approved appointing its newest charter trustee Janet Porter, who has previously been the chief operating officer of Nationwide Children’s Hospital and the associate dean at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Les Wexner will serve as the chair of the Wexner Medical Center Board for his third term.  

The Board also approved the addition of a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science degree program to the College of Medicine and a name change of the Department of Plastic Surgery to the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.

It additionally approved of various university endowments, such as a $1 million gift from FCC Spectrum and the Federal Government to WOSU, a media broadcasting company owned by Ohio State. The money will fund student internships, fellowships and experiences, according to Board documents.