Former Buckeyes Marshon Lattimore, Tyvis Powell and Darron Lee catch-up during the Spring Game on April 15. Credit: Alexa Mavrogianis | Former Photo Editor

Of all the former Buckeyes currently in the NFL, these five players stood out in Week 9 of the NFL season.

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott

Elliott had another impressive game, carrying the ball 27 times for 93 yards and a touchdown on Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. Elliott was not expected to play this week following a decision to reinstate his suspension. However, a New York district court decision allowed him to play, providing the running back with a stay. Elliott reportedly had been trying to settle with the NFL over the suspension relating to an alleged domestic violence case, but once again was allowed to play and helped lead the Cowboys to another big win.

_________________________________________

San Francisco 49ers running back Carlos Hyde

Hyde had an unusual game by his standards as he ran the ball 12 times for 41 yards along with nine catches for 84 yards, setting a new career high for receiving yards in a 20-10 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. The game was unique for Hyde as the bruising back is typically viewed more as a rushing threat than a receiving option. Hyde was one of the only players keeping the chains moving for the 49ers’ offense, as quarterback CJ Beathard completed less than 50 percent of his passes along with an interception..

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr.

Ginn had another solid outing Sunday, catching four passes for 59 yards and a touchdown as the Saints continued their hot streak, winning their sixth consecutive game after starting the season 0-2. With the Saints up 23-3 with 9:46 left in the third quarter, Ginn put the icing on the cake with a 36-yard touchdown catch from Drew Brees to extend the lead and put the game out of reach. Ginn has 421 receiving yards on the season, second-most on the team behind fellow Buckeye alum Michael Thomas.

New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas

Though Ginn had the standout game between the two former Buckeyes, Thomas had a productive day as well, bringing in eight catches for 65 yards Sunday in a 30-10 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Thomas continues to rack up receptions, as he is now tied for 11th in receptions among NFL receivers this season. He also ranks 17th in receiving yards. In an offense led by Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Brees who likes to spread the ball around, Thomas is having a productive sophomore season.

New Orleans Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore

Lattimore continues to impress as the new-and-improved Saints’ defense has found its anchor. Lattimore had four tackles and one pass defended in a 30-10 victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Lattimore was involved in a fight on the sideline that led to him being hit from behind by Buccaneers’ wide receiver Mike Evans. Evans later apologized for the hit and was suspended one game for the hit, and was charged with a 15-yard penalty during the game.

Other notable players:

New York Jets linebacker Darron Lee: two tackles, 2 QB hits, one sack