Ohio State senior guard Kelsey Mitchell shoots a shot during the Buckeyes’ game against Washington on Nov. 19. Credit: Colin Hass-Hill | Sports Editor

It was senior guard Kelsey Mitchell’s night Wednesday, scoring a team-high 30 points and becoming the program’s career leader in points en route to leading No. 12 Ohio State (9-2) to a 103-77 victory against Florida (5-4) in Gainesville, Florida.

Mitchell, who came into the night with a long list of accomplishments on her resume, including being the NCAA all-time leader in 3 pointers made, eclipsed the Ohio State record in points set by Jantel Lavender — who played from 2007 to 2011 — at 2,818. Mitchell finished the evening with 2,840 points.

In the first quarter alone, Mitchell shot 6-10 from the field and finished the quarter with 15 points. Five Ohio State players finished with double digits on the night, including guard Sierra Calhoun, who finished with 21 points and two assists.

Florida senior Haley Lorenzen recorded a double-double for the Gators with 17 points and 12 rebounds.

Ohio State will hope to hang onto its momentum with a six-day layover in its sights before its next contest. The Buckeyes return to Columbus to face Dartmouth on Dec. 15.