Columbus Division of Police cruiser districts 41 and 44 each had two incidents of sexual violence reported within them last week. Credit: Image created using Google Maps by Matt Dorsey | Engagement Editor

The Columbus Division of Police responded to four accounts of sexual violence near Ohio State’s campus between Jan. 14 and Saturday, an unusually high number within the time span.

Two separate incidents of rape — both of females — were reported within a span of hours, according to the police department’s online log of unofficial incident reports. The first incident reportedly occurred Jan. 14 at 10:30 p.m. in the 41st police cruiser district, and a second was reported to have occurred Jan. 15 at 3:30 a.m. in the 44th cruiser district.

The 41st district spans east to west from from Summit Street to North High Street and north to south from East 11th Avenue to East Second Avenue, and the 44th spans west to east from North High Street to the train tracks east of North Fourth Street and north to south from East Northwood Avenue and East Lane Avenue to East 11th Avenue. Those two districts make up a vast majority of off-campus student housing.

Those same districts were the location of two more incidents early Saturday morning, with the sexual battery of a female reported as having occurred in the 44th at 2 a.m. and the rape of a female reportedly occurring in the 41st at 7 a.m.

The Lantern reached out to the Columbus Police Special Victims Bureau but did not receive comment prior to this article’s publication.