Ohio State redshirt sophomore offensive tackle Kevin Feder warms up prior to the Buckeyes’ 62-14 victory against Maryland on Oct. 7. Credit: Colin Hass-Hill | Sports Editor

Ohio State appears to be losing one member of its offensive line, with redshirt sophomore Kevin Feder announcing his intention to transfer Thursday.

“As of today, I am reopening my recruitment and looking for a place to expand on my football career as well as my academics,” Feder wrote in a statement he posted on Twitter. “I would like to thank Coach [Urban] Meyer, [offensive line] Coach [Greg Studrawa], and the rest of the coaching staff for the opportunity to play at this prestigious university.”

He said in the statement he plans to graduate in the spring, which will make him immediately eligible to play at a Division I program in 2018.

Feder rarely saw the field in his time with the Buckeyes, having struggled with a foot injury for his first couple years with the program. Feder, a former four-star prospect from New Jersey, has not been listed on the two-deep depth chart since playing for Ohio State and was considered as an outsider to compete for either of the two starting spots open on the offensive line in 2018.

Feder’s decision to transfer leaves Ohio State with 85 scholarship players, which is the NCAA limit, when factoring in the 22 incoming freshmen who signed during the Early Signing Period.