Home » Sports » Football » Football: Wideout Terry McLaurin implies he will return to Ohio State for final season

Football: Wideout Terry McLaurin implies he will return to Ohio State for final season

Ohio State junior wide receiver Terry McLaurin (83) celebrates after running the ball in for a touchdown in the first quarter of the B1G Championship game against Wisconsin on Dec. 2 in Lucas Oil Stadium. Ohio State won 27-21. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

Redshirt junior Terry McLaurin indicated Monday evening that he will return to Ohio State for his fifth season in a scarlet and gray uniform with a post on Instagram with the caption, “Thank you Lord for another opportunity. #last1.”

Thank you Lord for another opportunity. #last1

A post shared by terry_25 (@terry_25) on

The first-time captain in 2017 finished the season as one of Ohio State’s top targets with 29 catches, 436 receiving yards and six touchdowns. He has received frequent praise from head coach Urban Meyer for his ability to block downfield.

He will join H-backs Parris Campbell, C.J. Saunders, Demario McCall and K.J. Hill, as well as wide receivers Binjimen Victor, Austin Mack, Johnnie Dixon and Jaylen Harris among the returning receivers. That depth took a hit when sophomore Trevon Grimes opted to transfer to Florida due to family health issues.