Ohio State’s Younkin Student Success Center provides career and academic support as well as the university’s Counseling and Consultation Services office. Credit: Ris Twigg | Assistant Photo Editor

To the editor:

The health and well-being of our students is our top priority; this includes mental-health support and services. Over the past two years, Ohio State has increased the Office of Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service’s staff by 13 clinicians and two support positions. We also have added locations in Lincoln Tower and in the North Residential District. Our goal is to offer students the availability of a triage call with a clinician within one day of first contact and, for those with urgent needs, access to individual appointments within one week. For those with less urgent needs, we offer a multimodal approach that includes a variety of alternative support, including workshops, group counseling, wellness coaching and off-campus referrals.

We offer interventions for students to help address emotional and mental-health concerns in the immediate and short-term. In addition, we work with many Ohio State and community providers to ensure that, when necessary, referrals for full-service, specialized or long-term care can be made.

We strive to offer the highest standards of quality care and service to help students advance their success and well-being, and appreciate feedback that contributes to our ongoing effort to improve support for students.

Sincerely,

Javaune Adams-Gaston, PhD

Senior Vice President

Office of Student Life

The Ohio State University