Ohio State senior center Billy Price (54) practices a snap during warmups prior to the start of the 2017 Cotton Bowl against USC on Dec. 29 in AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

A torn pectoral muscle was not enough to prevent former Ohio State center Billy Price, who was selected as the No. 21 overall pick in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns.

After redshirting his freshman season, Price started at guard for the National Championship-winning Buckeyes in 2014, earning second-team freshman All-American honors.

After being names to the third-team All Big Ten in 2015, Price was named a team captain in 2016, being named as a first-team All-American and first-team All Big Ten.

Following in the footsteps of former Ohio State offensive lineman Pat Elflein, who was selected in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings, Price, in his final season, moved from guard to center.

He was awarded the 2017 Rimington Trophy, given to the best center in college football. With unanimous first-team All American honors and first-team All Big Ten, Price was also named as the Rimington-Pace Big Ten offensive lineman of the year.

Price helped Ohio State become the best rush offense in the Big Ten last season. Averaging 5.8 yards per carry, the Buckeyes recorded 243.2 rushing yards per game with 34 touchdowns on the ground.

In pass protection, Price was one of the leaders on the offensive line that allowed an average of 1.6 sacks per game.

While participating in the bench press during the NFL Combine, Price tore his pectoral muscle. He underwent surgery for the injury and is not expected to be back until after the draft.